Our School Community
Green Bay South Academy is a K-6 school located in the small rural community of Roberts Arm, Newfoundland. The school was officially opened in 1979 under the name R.W Parsons Pentecostal Complex.
Presently, there are 90 students enrolled at Green Bay South Academy who come from the communities of Brighton, Triton, Pilley's Island, Robert's Arm, Port Anson and Miles Cove in the Green Bay South region.
The school has a staff of 8.75 school based teachers, 1 system wide guidance teacher, and 4 support staff. We also avail of itinerant services and other supports from NLESD.
- All students can learn
- Home and community are an integral part of the learning process
- Collaboration enhances learning
- In shared decision making
- In respect for self, others and the learning environment
- Staff are responsible to be professional and innovative
At Green Bay South Academy we are involved in many projects/initiatives both in and outside the regular curriculum. These include the following:
• After school Sport Program
• School breakfast program
• School recycling program
• Club day activities
• Literacy and Math days
• Science and Heritage Fairs
• Pink Day Activities\Education Week
• Grade 6 trip to St. John’s
• Student of the month recognition
• PBIS recognition
• Engaging Families events
Many of these programs rely on regular volunteers who come to the school because they feel welcomed and want to do what they can to contribute to school life for the children here. We thank them very much.